Prohibited Activities List
Prohibited Businesses and Persons:
The following may not open or attempt to open an account with, or utilize services provided by Brex:
- Entities and persons listed on the specially designated nationals (SDN) list published by the United States Treasury Office of Foreign Asset Control; and
- Entities and persons identified for comprehensive financial sanctions by the United States Department of State
Companies that are primarily engaged in the following activities will be prohibited for using Services:
- Sale of Schedule I controlled substances with or without a pharmaceutical license, or sale of Schedules II-V controlled substances without a pharmaceutical license, where such schedules are defined by the United States Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA);
- Production, sale, or distribution of marijuana;
- Gambling, betting, lotteries, sweepstakes, or games of chance;
- Prostitution or escort services;
- Sale of counterfeit or "gray market" goods or services;
- Get-rich-quick schemes, multi-level marketing, or activities that may be considered unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices (UDAAP);
- Use of Brex services for personal, family household use, or any non-commercial use;
- Activities that are illegal or that Brex, in its sole discretion, identifies as high-risk; or
- Use of the Services in manner that is inconsistent or prohibited by the Platform Agreement.
Companies that are engaged in the following activities may be required to provide additional information or documentation:
- Purchase, sale, or mining of cryptocurrency;
- Financial services providers including banks or bank affiliates, securities brokers, or money transmitters; or
- Professional services including law firms or consulting firms.
Please contact us if you are unsure whether your business or activities are permitted by Brex.