Prohibited and Restricted Activities
Revised May 7, 2020
Prohibited Activities List
Companies that are engaged in the following activities or businesses will be prohibited from using Services:
- Sale of Schedule I controlled substances with or without a pharmaceutical license, or sale of Schedules II-V controlled substances without a pharmaceutical license, where such schedules are defined by the United States Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA);
- Production, sale, or distribution of marijuana;
- Production, sale, or distribution of guns, accessories, ammunition, and other weapons;
- Gambling, betting, lotteries, sweepstakes, or games of chance;
- Prostitution or escort services;
- Sale of counterfeit or "gray market" goods or services;
- Get-rich-quick schemes, multi-level marketing, or activities that may be considered unfair or deceptive acts or practices (UDAP); and
- Financing of or otherwise facilitating any of the above.
Restricted Activities List
Companies that are engaged in the following activities or businesses may be required to provide additional information or documentation or may be ineligible for certain Services:
- Businesses dealing in cryptocurrency or digital assets;
- Financial services providers, including banks or bank affiliates, securities brokers, money transmitters, investment companies, or investment funds;
- Pornography, adult chat, or other sexually explicit services; or
- Sale of Schedules II-V controlled substances with a pharmaceutical license, where such schedules are defined by the DEA.
Please contact us if you are unsure whether your business or activities are permitted by Brex.